analytic

Wednesday 22 July 2009

Counting down the days!!!

Meet up with Big Sister today, during her stop-over on route to up North.

As I said to Cousin 1 yesterday, I was worried I would not recognise Big Sister - it is 14 years since I last saw her, but as soon as she step off the plane we both recognised each other. She hasn't changed in all those years.

But to make our day perfect, Little Brother had messed up when booking her ticket, so her ongoing flight was a few hours earlier than we expected - it had already left. We had a fun hour trying to get her on another flight - thanks to Middle Brother and Brother-in-Law it was sorted. But it was seriously fun - phones being passed around and not knowing who would be on the other end. You see Cousin 1 and I speaking English, Brother-in-Law and Big Sister in Algerian at the same time Brother-in-Law was speaking to Middle Brother from their house up north, not forgetting Little Brother on the phone from Algiers.

With a bit of luck I will also get to meet up with Middle Brother in August - after Ray died he was my rock so it would be great to catch up with him.

Anyway, Big Sister said that Uma and Baba cannot wait to see me again - actually I cannot wait to see them either. I cannot believe that I get to see most The Family in August, Big Brother will still be in Algeria, and as for Weird Brother and Middle Brother hopefully I will get to see them, or at least speak to them in August - its only 4 weeks away!!!!

I told Big Sister that some of my friends are must be feed up with me gushing about The Family and how great they are and her response was "But you are a [part of] The Family" (that means that you are also part of The Family).

It made me wonder what would have happened if Ray hadn't died... would we have tried for find you, would you had any brothers and sisters ... but life shouldn't be made up of "what ifs". You see, I believe that everything happens for a reason, and these things will make you into the person you are... I like the person I have become and I would not have become ME, if these things in my life had not happened, both the good and the bad.

My trip up north coincides with Ramadan - the Muslim holy month, even if I'm not religious (I'm agnostic, I believe in God not not in religion) I thought it was a good time to go. But when Uma and Baba came to visit Ray and me all those year ago, it was during Ramadan (and Xmas) so it is fitting that I will see them during Ramadan again.

Big Sister, I have a feeling, is already planning my holiday to Algeria. I will definitely go as soon as I can, maybe one day you will get a chance to go, it is such a beautiful country. Algiers is a bit like Athens (but cleaner) and bear in mind you would have excellent tour guides.

For now, I just counting down the days until August...

PS. Just needed to post this link, I came across this song partly thanks to you. The lyric so describe how I felt when I left Norway.

FeedBurner FeedCount

Total Pageviews