analytic

Saturday 16 January 2010

January Blues

January is normally a bad month for me... (together with August they are my two "blue" months). I'm not depressed as such - I just tend to burst into tears easily, anything can set me off, but it's something I have learned to live with.

So to cheer myself up, I was looking through some of poems and quotes from our favourite poet and came across this little gem:

"Pain is strange. A cat killing a bird, a car accident, a fire.... Pain arrives, BANG, and there it is, it sits on you. It's real. And to anybody watching, you look foolish. Like you've suddenly become an idiot. There's no cure for it unless you know somebody who understands how you feel, and knows how to help."

It is so true - how can anyone understand what you are going through unless they have been through it too.

So, when the time comes - I hope you have someone there for you, who will understand and know how to help you.

FeedBurner FeedCount

Total Pageviews