analytic

Saturday 19 February 2011

The Primal Wound - my thoughts so far

I have just started reading... ok, nearly finished reading Nancy Newton Verrier's book The Primal Wound, and I wish I had read this book years ago..  I haven't finished reading the book yet but I can guarantee I will end up reading it a number of times... I do that with books I like.  I will also start reading more books on adoption.

A while back I posted in Traits and quirks that I can identify with a load of adoptees character traits and nearly everything Nancy Verrier says about the effects of The Primal Wound applies to me... especially the "connection" between the child and the nurturing mother... which is very odd since I'm not an adoptee or to my knowledge I was not separated from my mother at birth.


So far in the book she has said a lot of things I totally agree with... will need to finish the book before I can say I totally agree with everything she says.  One thing I would say... this book should be compulsory reading for all prospective parents not only people in the adoption triad.  


Then again, would reading The Primal Wound any early changed anything in my life... I don't think so... as I said before fate moves in mysterious ways... so I like to think that the reason I'm reading the book now, is to prepare myself for our first contact (if and when it hopefully comes).

The only thing I know for sure, it that if I ever get to meet you I will give you a copy of this book.

FeedBurner FeedCount

Total Pageviews