analytic

Monday 25 April 2011

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Middle brother's wife and I was chatting today on Skype and she made lovely comment about how Radouane would have been proud of me these days.  She always keeps telling me how lucky we were having him and that we were such a fantastic loving couple.

The problem is that I have, is despite constantly being told by all the Family (including extended), that the two of us were special and they aspired to our love, it has been so long since he died, I sometimes feel that my memories of him are wishful thinking and told her so.

Then my darling sister-in-law tells me that Middle Brother told her that Radouane had only eyes for me and was madly in love with me.  Just hearing that had me in tears...but made me realise that yes my memories of him are true and he and I were true soulmates.

I cannot believe that I was so lucky in finding him and that even if we only had a few years together, so to quote Lord Alfred Tennyson : "Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved all"

FeedBurner FeedCount

Total Pageviews